Version 0.3 (2015-07-30)
The 0.3 release brings Hyper to Mac OS X. See the detail updates of Hyper 0.3.
- Hyper Mac with Pods and Volumes support.
- New Hypervisor support: VirtualBox 5.0, the widely adopted open source hypervisor runs on Mac OS X and other platforms.
- New Graph Driver: VDI, layered storage based on VirtualBox differencing VDI image, working like the devicemapper driver. Because the VDI layered images are maintained by a Hyper VM, it is platform indenpendent and works well on Darwin.
- Image management functions (only for Mac OS X in this version), including
- Support build standard Docker image with
- Optimized guest kernel, and could start a Pod in less than 2.5 seconds.
These features are shipped with Mac version, but will be available on the Linux version soon.
runcommand, now it can automatically remove a Pod, when finished.
- Support remove multiple Pod in one
- Many bug fix.
More details on the web site (http://hypercontainer.io).
VirtualBox is an open source hypervisor by Oracle.